Sate kambing (goat satay) is very popular in the country, especially in Java, where several regional recipes appears; the most famous among others are sate kambing Jakarta (Jakarta lamb satay), sate kambing Tegal (Tegal lamb satay) from Central Java, sate Maranggi from West Java, and sate kambing Madura (Madura lamb satay) from East Java. Nevertheless, sate kambing (lamb satay) is a generic term to describes mutton satay in the region, regardless to their specific recipes.
How to Make Special Goat Satay with Soy SauceGoat Satay Ingredients :
- 500 grams of mutton
- 100 ml of sweet soy sauce
- 200 ml of boiled water
- Enough of a skewer
- 1/2 lime juice, squeeze the water
- 10 pieces of red cayenne pepper, cut into pieces
- Sweet soy sauce to taste
- 1 lemon
- 7 onions, thinly sliced
How to Make Goat Satay
- The first step is to clean the mutton, then dice, and set aside.
- Second step, Mix orange juice, 100ml sweet soy sauce, and 200ml boiled water, stir well, then pour in mutton, and stir again, then let stand for about 10 minutes.
- The third step, stick the mutton using a skewer containing 5 meat in a stick.
- Finally, roast mutton, until cooked and tender while smeared with the remaining spices. Once cooked, your goat satay is ready to be served (To make it more enjoyable, serve the goat satay with spicy soy sauce).